A Reliable Partner. An Experienced Adviser.

Photo of Ira C. Yellin
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » 
  5. Child Custody
  6.  » Visitation

When Child Visitation Concerns Arise

Parents must arrange a parenting and visitation plan that works out for both of them. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC, will seek a parenting plan that considers the best interests for both you and your child.

We will represent you when negotiating a parenting plan that meets your needs. We will discuss with you any custody issues, disputes and what is most important to you in a visitation agreement. Whether you would like to allow for flexibility or be as detailed as possible, we will seek the best possible schedule to meet those expectations.

If you are a father who has not established paternity, we will help you through the process so that you have a right to seek custody or visitation time with your child.

Seeking Quality Time With Your Child

A custodial parent is the parent with whom a child lives on a day-to-day basis. Parenting plans differ from a custody agreement in that they generally allow for the noncustodial parent to schedule time to spend with the child despite not having custody rights.

A visitation schedule is usually very detailed and takes into consideration the frequency and time visitations occur. The terms of a schedule vary from which weekends to which holidays a noncustodial parent would be given parenting time, as well as any vacations.

In the rare instance that one parent receives sole custody due to child abuse or neglect, the other parent can still seek supervised visitation. These visitations may encompass parents and children arriving and leaving at different times in order to avoid confrontation. A designated person will be present to monitor the situation.

We can also seek a modification to an agreement if a schedule no longer works for you. There must be a substantial change in your circumstances, however, such as a change in employment, neglect on the part of the other parent or remarriage.

Contact A Child Visitation Attorney To Find Out More

To schedule a free consultation and discuss your situation, call our Franklin office at 508-528-8885. We help clients in Norfolk County and the surrounding communities.