Helping People Find Relief From Overwhelming Debt
Serious financial problems can befall anyone, even those who have saved for years. A layoff, a messy divorce or a serious injury can set you back to the point that you don’t know where to turn. If you have reached that point, it may be time to learn about how bankruptcy can help you get your financial situation back under control.
At the Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC, we help people get out of overwhelming debt burdens. Attorney Ira Yellin represents people from all walks of life — hard working people who have fallen on tough times. With more than 30 years of legal experience, we understand the law and we are ready to sit down with you, discuss your situation and give you honest advice about what he can do to help improve your financial health.
The sooner you see us, the sooner we can begin helping you find relief from your debt. Call our Franklin office at 508-528-8885.
Comprehensive Bankruptcy Services In Massachusetts
Our bankruptcy practice is dedicated to helping people confront financial problems, deal with them the right way and move forward in life. To accomplish those goals, we can help people file for either type of personal bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: For those who are unable to pay back their debts, Chapter 7 can provide a fresh start by eliminating unsecured debts like medical bills and credit card debt.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: For people who have some ability to pay, Chapter 13 allows them to restructure debt into manageable monthly payments for a three- to five-year period. At the end of this time period, any remaining unsecured debt is eliminated. It also affords people an opportunity to save their house from foreclosure. A further benefit is the stripping (removal) of a second mortgage.
Attorney Yellin also assists people who are experiencing divorce during bankruptcy.
Saving You From Stress
A proper bankruptcy filing has many immediate benefits that make your life much less stressful. The court will issue an automatic stay, which halts any legal proceedings against you and bars any new lawsuits. Other important benefits include:
- Stopping collections calls, letters and other forms of creditor harassment
- Stopping foreclosure
- Stopping wage garnishment
- Stopping vehicle repossession
In the vast majority of cases, filing bankruptcy does not mean you have to lose your property. Through the use of exemptions and other features of bankruptcy law, chances are good that you will be able to keep your home, car, retirement accounts, household belongings and other important items.
Help During COVID-19
Learn more about how COVID-19 may affect your case:
You Can Still Qualify For Bankruptcy Protection
Even though the bankruptcy laws underwent significant changes in 2005, many people are still eligible to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. When you come to us, we will analyze your finances and determine if you qualify. If you do, we can proceed with Chapter 7 debt liquidation. If you do not, then we will advise you on the possibility of filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection.
Free Consultation With An Experienced Lawyer
*When representing consumer debtors in connection with bankruptcy, the Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC, is a debt relief agency as defined by the Bankruptcy Code, 11 USC § 101(12A).