A Reliable Partner. An Experienced Adviser.

Photo of Ira C. Yellin
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  » Claims For Scarring

When Can You File A Claim For Scarring?

An employee who is injured at work is entitled to specific compensation for any permanent loss of function, scarring or disfigurement that results from that injury. Employees are entitled to compensation for any permanent loss to the following body parts or functions:

  • Leg, foot, hand, back, neck, teeth
  • Organs such as lung, kidney, spleen, bowel
  • Sexual function
  • Eyesight, hearing, taste, smell

The amount of compensation is calculated based upon the percentage loss of that body part.

Scarring And Disfigurement Claims

Similarly, an employee whose injury results in permanent scarring or disfigurement is entitled to be compensated. However, the employee will only be compensated for scarring if the scar is on his face, neck or hands. The amount of compensation is determined by the location of the scar or disfigurement and its size and degree of discoloration.

If the employee and insurance company cannot agree on the amount of compensation to which the employee is entitled, the employee may file a claim for those benefits. An experienced attorney can determine whether you are entitled to compensation for permanent loss of function, scarring or disfigurement, and can calculate the amount of that compensation. Most importantly, he will be able to file a claim on your behalf if the insurance company is not willing to pay you the amount of compensation that you deserve.

Attorney Ira Yellin at the Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC, has the experience and dedication needed to properly handle your case. With offices conveniently located in Franklin, our firm is readily available to assist you with your most urgent and pressing legal needs.

Contact A Workers’ Compensation Attorney For A Free Consultation

For more information or to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Massachusetts lawyer, please contact the Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC, today.

Make sure that you are fully compensated for your injuries. Call our Franklin office at 508-528-8885. You can also email us to learn more about our legal services.