At Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC, we focus our legal practice on the following areas of law:
FAMILY LAW - At Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC, our practice of family law goes far beyond seeking a divorce. We also help our clients with court orders relating to child support, requiring a spouse to vacate the marital home and temporary restraining orders. Our representation also handles issues unique to non-traditional and/or members of the LGBT community.
- Divorce - No divorce case is the same. We provide a listening ear to our clients regarding the particular concerns they have. Our job is to identify their needs, address their concerns and help them meet their goals. We take the time to educate our clients on the processes involved in issues such as a contested divorce process and high net worth divorce.
- Child Custody - We help you keep the focus of any custody or visitation dispute on the best interests of your children, where it belongs. By recognizing the harm that can be done in a contentious dispute over custody and visitation, and balancing that with our determination to realize the goals of our clients, we are able to obtain a successful result while at the same time limiting the harm to the children.
- Modifications - Divorce changes lives, and many of those changes carry over into your life post-divorce. For example, careers end, new jobs are found, and spouses may decide to remarry. These substantial changes in circumstances may dictate a modification to the original divorce decree.
- Child Support - While strict guidelines based on income and expenses dictate child support amounts, an attorney can still be invaluable in the process of determining the correct amount by knowing how to obtain and analyze your spouse's income. There are no such guidelines for spousal support (alimony) payments, however, so an experienced attorney can educate you on the factors considered in granting it and can effectively advocate before the judge on your behalf.
- Property Division - Our job is to maximize your ability to retain as much marital property as possible under the law. We are well-versed in Massachusetts property division, having handled countless divorce cases, and we know how to account for gifts, separate property and complex assets when negotiating a property division settlement.
PERSONAL INJURY - A person who is injured in an accident as a result of someone else's negligence or fault is entitled to receive compensation for their injuries, with consideration given to the amount of their medical expenses, lost wages and their pain and suffering. Among the types of personal injury cases handled by The Law Offices of Ira C. Yellin, LLC are motor vehicle accidents,motorcycle accidents, slip and fall, bicycle/pedestrian accidents, dog bites/dog attacks, premises liability, security liability and wrongful death accidents.
WORKERS' COMPENSATION - If you have been injured at work, you will likely need medical treatment. You may be unable to work and therefore be in need of weekly disability payments. In such a case, what you also need is an attorney experienced in handling workers' compensation cases. Click here to see examples of our workers' compensation settlements.
SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY - This federal benefit is available to persons who are expected to be out of work for at least one year due to one or more medical conditions. If your application for social security disability benefits has been denied, contact us for an evaluation of your claim.
BANKRUPTCY - Financial difficulties come in all forms. There are different types of bankruptcies and various options that one has within those bankruptcies to maximize the benefits afforded through a bankruptcy filing.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - Discharging your debts through bankruptcy gives you the opportunity for a fresh start. The stress of financial problems can affect every aspect of your life. A Chapter 7 filing is often the solution, getting you back on your feet and off to a fresh start.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - If you don't qualify for a Chapter 7 filing, you may still have the option of a Chapter 13 reorganization. A Chapter 13 filing gives you the opportunity to pay off debt, including overdue mortgage payments, over a three to five year period. In many cases, you will pay only a small percentage of your unsecured debt.
- Stop Foreclosure - Through no fault of your own, you may have fallen behind on your house payments because of a layoff or divorce. If your bank is unwilling to modify your loan, you may feel hopeless. We can help; by filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy we can stop the foreclosure in its tracks.
- Lien Stripping - In a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, it may be possible to remove ("lien strip") a second mortgage on your home or rental property. If the value of your house is not greater than the amount owed on the first mortgage, you may be entitled to have the second mortgage reclassified from a secured debt to unsecured debt such that it is then treated the same as credit card debt. After the Chapter 13 bankruptcy is completed, you will no longer have the second mortgage on your home.
Contact our Franklin office by calling 508-528-8885. You can also send us an email.
Contact A Bankruptcy Attorney For A Free Consultation
From our offices in Franklin, we help clients in Norfolk County and surrounding areas. For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced Massachusetts lawyer, please contact us today. You can call us at 508-528-8885, or send us an email.